Exhaust systems help vehicles remove the toxic byproducts created when their engines combust air and fuel. If your Honda model didn't have one (or it malfunctioned or failed), the resulting fumes would sicken you and your passengers, pollute the environment, and violate emissions standards.
How one works is simple. It starts with pollutants going through a catalytic converter and hydrocarbons and carbon monoxide burning up, and it ends with a muffler and resonator helping air and cleaner gases (mostly carbon dioxide and water vapor) flow freely through the exhaust manifold, down an exhaust pipe, through the muffler's tail pipe, and out into the air.
Unfortunately, no exhaust lasts indefinitely. One can go bad owing simply to use and age. However, there are signs to look for before that happens. They include:
- Your dash lights up with warnings (e.g., a Check Engine light)
- Your gas mileage worsens
- You listen to the muffler and/or exhaust pipe and hear unusual noises
- You smell something similar to rotten eggs
See any, and you should inspect the exhaust and review results, replacing any recommended parts. Otherwise, change your resonator and/or muffler every 2 to 4 years and change your catalytic converter every 100,000 miles.
Before you buy exhaust parts, however, make sure they're genuine.
Why Buy a Genuine Honda vs. an Aftermarket Exhaust?
What the brand makes your model will come compatible with it right from the factory, guaranteed -- a fitment promise that you may not get on the aftermarket.
Where to Order OEM Exhaust Parts and Systems Online
You can take care of it right here. Our auto parts store ships nationwide; all you have to do to find what fits your vehicle is select your model and model year in our catalog and browse accordingly. Buy now, and we'll ship to your door straightaway.
Want to know more about shipping, returns, and cancellations? Here's the shorthand:
- Parts that are in stock can ship in up to 24 hours, with others shipping in as few as 2-3 business days
- Ground and overnight shipping options are available for select parts
- Returns are no problem -- just contact us first to start the process
- You can easily cancel an order before it's placed with the manufacturer
Check out our shipping and returns policy pages for further info.
If you're looking for expert buying advice or you have a question or concern, feel free to reach out to us anytime; we'll connect you to a parts specialist that'll be glad to help.
No results found for "exhaust". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!